Heart disease is a leading cause of death in the United States. Since the onset of COVID-19, heart health has never been more important, because those with poor cardiovascular health have an increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19. Every February, The National Heart Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI) and The Heart Truth® celebrate American Heart Month, promoting healthy lifestyles in order to help Americans prevent heart disease. According to research, individuals are more successful at meeting personal health goals when joining forces with others.
So this February, how can supplement manufacturers partner with your brand to protect #OurHearts?
Here are some top supplements that support heart health:
- Vitamin D3:
- Reduces inflammation and plays a central role in restoring the function of the arterial wall, preventing calcification of arteries (in proper doses).
- If you live north of 40 degrees latitude, there is a chance you might be low in Vitamin D3 if you don’t supplement.
- Vitamin K2:
- Works well with Vitamin D3 and reduces the risk of calcification in the artery wall. Calcification increases plaque and narrowing of the arteries.
- If you are on cholesterol-lowering medication, your body may be deficient in Vitamin K2.
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10):
- Is an antioxidant also known as ubiquinol, which helps protect neurons and heart muscle cells.
- If you are on cholesterol-lowering medication, your body may also be deficient in CoQ10.
- A powerful mineral that benefits the whole body, including the heart, in various ways.
- Helps keep heart rhythm normal, reducing the risk of ischemic heart disease, and reduces the risk of sudden cardiac arrest.
- Most people don’t get enough magnesium in their diet (through green vegetables and seeds).
- Omega 3’s:
- Research suggests the typical American diet recently lacks Omega 3 more than ever before. If your diet does not include fish at least 2-4 times a week, you are likely low in Omega 3’s.
- Fish oil supplements are a great source of Omega 3, and protect the heart from inflammation, and reduces triglycerides and blood pressure.
This year, the CDC has developed Hypertension Toolkits to help educate on Heart Health. To learn more, visit the links below:
At Sawgrass Nutra Labs we can manufacture a variety of heart health and immune boosting supplements in various forms such as liquids, capsules or powders. There are many options when it comes to using dietary supplements for heart health, but it’s important that these supplements are safe, reliable, and effective. Sawgrass Nutra Labs can ensure top-quality production. Contact us today, and let’s talk about adding heart healthy supplements to your brand.