When you are having a vitamin or supplement manufactured for your brand, you want to ensure that the manufacturer is creating the highest quality supplements and that what’s on the label is 100% what’s in the bottle. How can you be sure a manufacturer is trustworthy? They use third-party testing.
What is third-party testing?
Third-party testing is when a manufacturing company sends its product to an outside, unbiased lab for testing to see if it meets the standards of the company, and to ensure that what is on the label is actually inside the product. Sending your product to a third-party prevents low quality products from entering the market, and ensures your products meet industry standards, which is crucial to your brand.
Why is thorough testing of products so important?
Without third-party testing, companies can manufacture and sell products that don’t work as advertised. This can be due to the company just trying to make quick money and using cheaper ingredients, or genuinely not knowing the quality of their ingredients sourced from outside the U.S.
What are the types of tests used in third-party testing?
- Quality assurance: Tests the integrity of the product. It allows for the third-party company to catch any inaccuracies before the product is sold.
- Certification: When a product has a certification on it, it means the product has been inspected and tested by a trusted third-party company that it meets the standards and the product does what it is supposed to do.
- Pesticide testing: Pesticides are often used to grow cannabis and hemp, and harmful residue can be found in products using these plants if one does not test to see if there are any contaminants left in the product. Exposure to these pesticides can be toxic at high levels.
- Cannabinoid Testing: There are multiple cannabinoids and many of them have different effects. Determining which cannabinoid(s) are in your products is important to properly label what the product does and the effects it has.
- Terpene testing: Terpenes are responsible for giving each strain of cannabis a particular scent. Each pair of terpenoids and cannabinoids have different effects and it’s important to know how the product will affect you before using or selling it.
Why shouldn’t manufacturers rely on in-house testing?
In-house labs may not always be as accurate as third-party labs. There is also a potential for bias with in-house testing- the manufacturer wants the product out as soon as possible, or the manufacturer is certain their formulation is correct and rushes testing, etc. With third-party labs, there is no bias in testing and the results are guaranteed to be accurate.
Sawgrass Nutra Labs is a company that cares about you, your brand, and your customers. If you want to be sure your products are effective, potent and safe, have them manufactured at Sawgrass Nutra Labs.
Contact us for a free quote today!